A bombshell new report says that the SEALS were told to "stand down" when they heard gunshots at the ambassador's compound, and that three requests for aid were denied. get the shocking details here.
Editor's note: We discussed all of the breaking developments on Friday's live BlazeCast:
Original story below.
The father of one of the former Navy SEALs killed in the terrorist attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya says President Barack Obama wouldn't even look him in the eye and Vice President Joe Biden was disrespectful during the ceremony when his son's body returned to America. He also says the White House's story on the attack doesn't pass the smell test.
Charles Woods, father of Tyrone Woods, called into "The Glenn Beck Program" on TheBlazeTV Thursday and recounted his interactions with the president, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Biden at the ceremony for the Libya victims at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland. He told host Glenn Beck that what they told him, coupled with new reports that indicate the Obama administration knew very good and well, almost immediately, that a terrorist attack was occurring in Benghazi, make him certain that the American people are not getting the whole truth.
Vice President Biden, as he has become known to do, reportedly made a wildly inappropriate comment to the father who had just lost his hero son.
Woods said Biden came over to his family and asked in a "loud and boisterous" voice, "Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?"
"Are these the words of someone who is sorry?" said Woods.
The grieving father also described his brief encounter with President Obama during the ceremony for the Libya victims.
"When he finally came over to where we were, I could tell that he was rather conflicted, a person who was not at peace with himself," Woods said. "Shaking hands with him, quite frankly, was like shaking hands with a dead fish. His face was pointed towards me but he would not look me in the eye, his eyes were over my shoulder."
"I could tell that he was not sorry," he added. "He had no remorse."
Beck said he wanted to give the president "the benefit of the doubt," and asked Woods how he could be sure that Obama wasn't just uncomfortable or nervous during their conversation. Woods said it was Obama's "demeanor."
Hillary Clinton's comments to Woods raise even more questions about the White House's official story on the Benghazi attack, which has already been extremely inconsistent.
After apologizing for his loss, Woods said Clinton told him that the U.S. would "make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted."
Obviously, Clinton was referring to the anti-Muslim YouTube video that the Obama administration spent nearly two weeks blaming for the attack. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, U.S. Ambassador Susan Rice, Clinton and the president himself all blamed the video at various points. Beck pointed out that the White House is now trying to claim that it has always considered terrorism as the cause of the attack.
"When she said that, I could tell that she was not telling me the truth," Woods said about Clinton.
Watch part I of the interview with Beck here via TheBlazeTV:
Reading another State Department email that further calls into question the U.S. response to the attack, Beck revealed that the U.S. government was made aware that the compound in Benghazi was under attack by "mortar fire," hardly a sign of a spontaneous protest.
"The question that I had in my mind," Woods replied, "was why did we not do something to protect our forces?"
"We didn't even dispatch anybody," Beck lamented.
"You released the information that the White House within minutes of the attack, watched in real time the events unfolding," Woods told Beck earlier in the program. "They denied the pleas for help and they watched my son die."
Woods went on to read the following statement, in honor of his son:
"I want to honor my son, Ty Woods, who responded to the cries for help and voluntarily sacrificed his life to protect the lives of other Americans. In the last few days it has become public knowledge that within minutes of the first bullet being fired the White House knew these heroes would be slaughtered if immediate air support was denied. Apparently, C-130s were ready to respond immediately. In less than an hour, the perimeters could have been secured and American lives could have been saved. After seven hours fighting numerically superior forces, my son's life was sacrificed because of the White House's decision. This has nothing to do with politics, this has to do with integrity and honor. My son was a true American hero. We need more heroes today. My son showed moral courage. This is an opportunity for the person or persons who made the decision to sacrifice my son's life to stand up."
Tears in his eyes, Beck told Woods that his son was not even there for security purposes but after hearing cries for help he voluntarily protected his fellow Americans, knowing his life would be put in danger. Beck called Tyrone Woods a "hero" multiple times throughout the show.
"I am sorry for your loss, and I know there are millions of Americans that are sorry for your loss," Beck concluded.
Watch part II of the interview here via TheBlazeTV:
- ‘Preposterous!’: Geraldo Lashes Out at Libya Critics, Claims Gov’t Wasn’t Monitoring Benghazi Attack in ‘Real Time’
- The Real October Surprise
- Explosive New Report: SEALs Told to 'Stand Down' but Went in Anyway -- 3 Requests for Aid Denied
This interview and more are available on demand from TheBlaze TV with a 14-day FREE trial.