The wife of one of the men killed in the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, tore into Hillary Clinton Thursday, saying the presumptive Democratic nominee "has no right" to tell the country to "move on."
Speaking for the first time since her husband's untimely death, Dorothy Woods, widow of Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, told CNN host Erin Burnett that she felt Clinton's comments following the release of the Republicans' report from the Benghazi Select Committee were in line with other "dismissive" remarks from critics of the probe.
The investigation was characterized in the Democrats' report, which exonerates Clinton, as an "abuse of millions of dollars in taxpayer funds for partisan purposes to influence a presidential election." Their report concluded Clinton was "active and engaged" during and after the attacks.
"Nobody in government can tell me how I feel, what I should feel about it," Woods told Burnett. "She has no right — nor does anyone in government have the right — to tell me it's time to move on. They're not in my shoes."
During a stop in Denver, Colorado, earlier this week, Clinton responded to the Republicans' report, saying, "I'll leave it to others to characterize the report, but I think it's pretty clear it's time to move on."
But for Woods, it was important for the investigation to be conducted. She said the Select Benghazi Committee, which has been "ridiculed," was "sincerely doing the right thing."
Regardless of the results, the widow said the reports don't change the way she feels about what happened that infamous September night in Benghazi.
"It did not change my view of what happened, nor who to blame," Woods said. "I place a blame on this sentiment, on this attitude in the upper level of government that says, 'Hey, you know what, I'm just gonna lie about this, gloss over it, because I want to protect what I look like, and I'm thinking about the next job.'"
Woods did agree, though, with Clinton's suggestion that it's ultimately for the people to decide what they believe.
"I agree, in a way, with her, that it's for the public to decide," Woods told the CNN host. "You know, some people have made their decision, others haven't. But the facts are there and it's up to the Americans, the American people, to really figure out where they fall in this."
Asked about whether the State Department or other high-profile officials reached out to her after the attacks, Woods simply said, "They said, 'Sorry for your loss,' which is the very least they should have said."
Follow the author of this story on Twitter: