Another former child actor has alleged abuse against former TV star Scott Baio while working on the set of the 1980s sitcom, "Charles in Charge."
Alexander Polinsky, 43, discussed his allegations of physical and emotional abuse alongside his lawyer Lisa Bloom during a news conference Wednesday.
Polinsky, who played Adam Powell on the show, is the second person to accuse Baio of abuse while filming the show that ran from 1984 to 1990. Nicole Eggert took to Twitter to share her allegations of sexual molestation against Baio last month.
Baio, 57, has adamantly denied the sexual molestation accusations made by Eggert.
The actor, who also played Chachi on the 1970s hit TV show "Happy Days," took to Facebook Wednesday to call the latest claims false and announce that he and his lawyer Brian Glicklich plan to hold a news conference to address the charges.
It will also be livestreamed on the actor's Facebook page at 2 p.m. PST (5 p.m. EST).
What are Polinsky's claims?
Polinsky alleged Baio sexually harassed him and physically assaulted him when he was between the ages of 11 and 15, TMZ reported. He claims that Baio threw a cup of hot tea at his face.
Polinsky said Baio called him a "f****t" when he witnessed Eggert sitting on Baio's lap during his first year on the show, and he "pulled down my pants in front of over 100 people."
Polinsky added that Baio apologized years later but now he wants a public apology.
Last week, Sara Gilbert, host of "The Talk" and a friend of Polinsky, read a statement from Polinsky on the show, People reported.
Working on the set of "Charles in Charge" from age 11 to 15 was no picnic, it was a toxic environment.
I witnessed Scott Baio acting inappropriately towards Nicole Eggert during my first year of working on the show. I walked in on them together behind the set. Nicole was on Scott’s lap and he did not appreciate my intrusion. He yelled at me and called me various homophobic slurs.
Growing up on the show I received regular verbal attacks, mental abuse and I also suffered a physical assault at the hands of Scott Baio. There is no excuse for his behavior. It is abhorrent.
Both Nicole and I were minors. We deserved safe passage to do our jobs and also be kids. If we want to change the culture, we have to bring out the truth, take back control from the abusers and make them listen to the pain of their victims.
For the sake of the next generation of young artists we must empower parents and social workers to heed the signals, ask the proper questions and protect children from monsters in the workplace. The cycle of abuse must stop. Even 30 years after the acts, they still matter.
Last month, Baio fired back at Eggert in a Facebook video where he pointed to her changing stories since 2012.
Baio admitted that he had one sexual encounter with Eggert, which he said she initiated after the show went out of production, adding that the actress was a consenting adult at the time.
Since ending the show, Baio said Eggert has boasted in interviews about having sexual intercourse with him and that she pursued him.
Now, she has changed her story, he said.
He also went on "Good Morning America" where he again denied the allegations and even encouraged Eggert to go to the police.
Eggert, who is also represented by Bloom, claims Baio began sexually abusing her when she was 14 and that she lost her virginity to him when she was 17.
Last week, Bloom told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement that Eggert spent over an hour meeting with two police detectives about the allegations recently at Bloom's office. Eggert's manager said the actress felt "hopeful" after her meeting.