An additional 27 women have reportedly come forward to accuse embattled newsman Charlie Rose of sexual misconduct — and at least one of them has alleged that Rose exposed his genitals to her.
To date, Rose has maintained that not all of the allegations were valid.
What are the details of the new report?
On Wednesday night, the Washington Post published a lengthy report that alleged 27 more women have come forward to lodge their own complaints of alleged sexual misconduct against Rose.
The Post, reporting that the alleged incidents were "far more numerous than previously known," wrote that of the 27 women who have come forward, at least 14 of those women were CBS News employees. Thirteen of the women reportedly worked with Rose elsewhere.
The allegations reportedly date as far back as 1976 and as recent as April 2017.
According to the Post, who interviewed more than 100 "current and former CBS News employees," many of those interviewed recounted being subjected to, or hearing about, Rose's alleged sexual misconduct.
An allegation dating back to 1976 describes a purported incident in which Rose allegedly "exposed his penis" to a former research assistant, and "touched her breasts" while working together in the NBC News Washington bureau.
Former "60 Minutes" employee Sophie Gayter told the outlet that Rose groped her in 2013 in a public hallway.
"I had been there long enough to know that it was just the way things went," she said, according to the Post. "People said what they wanted to you, people did what they wanted to you."
A former CBS intern recalled a purported incident in which she was riding in a shared vehicle with Rose. The intern said that Rose groped her breast and insisted that she work with him in his hotel room. Rose reportedly told the intern, "I want you to ride me," but the intern left his room.
"It felt predatory," she said. "I had already said no, but he was going to persist."
The Post report also suggested that CBS mishandled the allegations against Rose and that the company was made aware of the alleged incidents several times.
According to the outlet, CBS said it never received any human resources complaints about Rose.
Has CBS or Rose responded to the new allegations?
"Since we terminated Charlie Rose, we’ve worked to strengthen existing systems to ensure a safe environment where everyone can do their best work," a representative for CBS said in a statement. "Some of the actions we have taken have been reported publicly, some have not. We offer employees discretion and fairness, and we take swift action when we learn of unacceptable behavior."
The statement added, "That said, we cannot corroborate or confirm many of the situations described. We continue to look for ways to improve our workplace and this period of reflection and action has been important to all of us. We are not done with this process."
Jeff Fager, the longtime head of "60 Minutes" as well as former CBS News chairman who hired Rose, told the Post, "I was never informed that Charlie behaved badly with women. I hired him because he was one of the best interviewers in the country. Period. If I knew there was this darker side he never would have been hired."
When reached for comment, Rose acknowledged the report and said, "Your story is unfair and inaccurate."