WTF MSM!? is a newsletter that puts a dose of sunlight on the mainstream media and exposes how the media twist facts, selectively report, and outright lie to advance their left-wing agenda. You can sign up for the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
On Sunday, the Washington Post published an article titled, "How a CIA analyst, alarmed by Trump's shadow foreign policy, triggered an impeachment inquiry." The central premise of the article and the whole impeachment charade is faulty. The president of the United States cannot conduct a "shadow foreign policy." It is his job to set the foreign policy of the nation.
The article highlights what we all know. The intelligence community and career foreign service officers disagreed with the foreign policy being set by the president of the United States. So they took it upon themselves to contradict him and set in motion impeachment proceedings.
What the Post and these government bureaucrats misunderstand is that it is the president's prerogative to set the day-to-day foreign policy of the United States — even if his name is Donald J. Trump. That power is delineated in Article II of the Constitution of the United States.
Employees of the State Department are employed to enact the president's priorities. They don't get to make their own foreign policy independent of that desired by the president. The notion that they do is a product of an unconstitutional Wilsonian vision of government, where bureaucrats, not the elected leadership, run the government.
This article by the Post encapsulates all that is wrong with the impeachment push. Rep. Adam Schiff is trying to impeach the president for exercising his constitutional prerogatives, because he disagrees with his decisions.
That isn't an impeachable offense as defined by the Framers. It's a personal opinion of maladministration, which the framers decided against including in the Constitution.
- Nikki Haley slams media's bias after CNN's Wolf Blitzer tries cutting her off in an interview
- Bill Maher on avoiding second civil war: 'We are going to have to learn to live with each other or there will be blood'
- In campus speech, fired CNN commentator Marc Lamont Hill advocates 'dismantling' of nation-states, 'abolition' of prisons
- Rapper Jay-Z and the NFL rip Colin Kaepernick after he misses planned workout
- Model Chrissy Teigen calls Republican Rep. Elise Stefanik 'trash'
- Study confirms media coverage of Trump is 'more hostile than normal' and ignores good economic news
- KNUS radio host Craig Silverman says he was fired mid-show for criticizing Trump
- Brian Stelter asks disgraced news anchor Dan Rather to explain right-wing 'conspiracy theories' on impeachment
You can sign up to receive the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.