© 2023 Blaze Media LLC. All rights reserved.
ANARCHY: Mob targets Portland ICE workers, police ignore calls for help — under the mayor's orders

ANARCHY: Mob targets Portland ICE workers, police ignore calls for help — under the mayor's orders

An outraged mob descended June 19 upon the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement field office, in Portland, Oregon, barricading the exits and blocking doors to trap the defenseless workers inside.

Protesters marched with signs calling ICE employees “Nazis,” accusing them of running a “concentration camp," and being part of the “Gestapo.” They shared the ICE employees' names and private information online, encouraging people to harass them and their families.

Next, the mob turned on the journalists, heckling them and banning photography. The mob set up camp next to the building and built an 8-foot wall around themselves as they demanded open borders. They defaced the American flag and brandished anarchist or communist flags instead.

Portland Police ignored pleas for help. Eventually, ICE workers were evacuated by federal police, but the occupiers remained, continuing their threatening campaign — not just against ICE, but also local business owners, police, and several of the area's residents.

So why did the city allow this? Why did law enforcement ignore calls for help?

According to the Wall Street Journal, Democratic Mayor Ted Wheeler, who doubles as police commissioner, stated on Twitter: “I want to be very clear I do not want the @PortlandPolice to be engaged or sucked into a conflict, particularly from a federal agency that I believe is on the wrong track."

The chaos was allowed to go on for 38 days, leaving the community in shock and landing taxpayers with a hefty cleanup bill. Here's how Journal writer Andy Ngo described the scene:

[B]ehind the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement field office, a biohazard cleanup crew works under police protection. It finds used needles and buckets of human waste simmering in nearly 100-degree heat. The smell of urine and feces fills the block. For more than five weeks, as many as 200 people had occupied the site to demand ICE’s immediate abolition. They’re gone now, but a community is left reeling. Thirty-eight days of government-sanctioned anarchy will do that.

Watch the clip above to get Glenn Beck's reaction to these unbelievable events.

To see more from Glenn, visit “The Glenn Beck Radio Program” or listen live on TheBlaze weekdays 9 a.m.–noon ET. Subscribers can tune-in anytime on-demand at TheBlaze TV. Not a subscriber? Sign up for a FREE trial here.

Want more Glenn? Check him out on FacebookTwitter, and YouTube.

Want to leave a tip?

We answer to you. Help keep our content free of advertisers and big tech censorship by leaving a tip today.
Want to join the conversation?
Already a subscriber?