A few weeks ago when he heard unemployment went up and few jobs were created, President Obama remarked: “The economy is headed in the right direction.” The media assumed it was another off teleprompter mistake. I’d assume it was the subconscious slip of the tongue, as we’ve predicted this was all part of Mr. Obama’s plan from the first day of his Presidency. We might even say to Mr Obama…Mission Accomplished!
The only question is “What was that mission?” From the day Obama was elected, I’ve warned the nation along with others that this president’s goal was to follow the detailed plan of Cloward and Piven, two former professors at Columbia University where Obama and I graduated in 1983. Cloward and Piven advocated overwhelming the system and collapsing the U.S. economy to weaken (and eventually destroy) capitalism.
And what have we seen from my old college classmate since taking office? Fomenting jealousy and division between the classes, demonizing business owners, redistributing wealth from those “greedy” rich business owners to his entitlement-addicted Democratic base, and as a great big bonus to this plan; drying up the income stream of Obama’s political opposition- business owners who contribute to conservative causes.
The ultimate goal of this plan? Force America to our knees, to curse capitalism, and beg for help from government. Then, in response to our pleas, we will gladly let Obama and big government take control over every aspect of our lives.
For anyone who doubts how well his plan is working, just look at the state of the union President Obama has created. We are in the midst of an economic Armageddon rivaling the Great Depression. The collapse is far worse than most Americans understand…yet.
Judge for yourselves:
- Unemployment is over 8% for 42 straight months… But more importantly, the REAL unemployment rate (including the under-employed and those who have given up looking)…is in the range of 15% to 20%…in the range of the worst years of the Great Depression.
- The Labor Force Participation Rate among men is the lowest since 1948.
- Last month U.S. manufacturing activity plummeted to the lowest level in 3 years.
- The housing collapse is now deeper than at the peak of the Great Depression.
- 46 million Americans are now on food stamps, record numbers on welfare.
- Nearly 11 million Americans now on disability is larger than the population of New York City, as well as the population of a majority of the 50 states.
- Over 100 million Americans get entitlement checks. (Almost 1 out of every 3 Americans.)
- The net worth for American families is down a whopping 40%.
- New business startups are at the lowest level in 30 years.
- The U.S. credit rating has been downgraded for first time in history.
- And now, with the reality of Obamacare upon us, a new poll shows 83% of all doctors are thinking of retiring, at the same time we are adding 30 million new patients. Get ready for much poorer quality of care, poor service, nightmarish waits for treatment, and a system destined for bankruptcy. But who’s surprised? The architect is the same government that runs Amtrak and the U.S. Postal Service.
We are experiencing UNIMAGINABLE economic wreckage, crisis and collapse from coast to coast.
There are only 3 industries enjoying a boom in this Obama economy…Gun shops, foreclosure specialists, and print shops- now working 24 hours a day to keep up with demand for “Going Out of Business” signs.
None of this is a coincidence.
With thousands of new rules, regulations, and mandates in only 3 years, this is the Obama plan. It is a plan from an administration openly hostile to private business, closely following Cloward and Piven’s plan to purposely collapse the U.S. economy and weaken capitalism.
With Obama demonizing the wealthy and taunting entrepreneurs and financial risk-takers with “You didn’t build that”… With the EPA attempting to put the coal industry completely out of business… With the resulting massive increases in energy and gasoline prices… With thousands of new IRS agents hired to harass & intimidate business owners… With massive new tax increases looming… With 3000 pages of Obamacare containing 23 new taxes…With 2000 pages of Dodd Frank- bringing banks and Wall Street and private equity and venture capital to a standstill… With $115 TRILLION in debt and unfunded liabilities at the federal level… With states, counties, and cities even more broke and insolvent than the federal government. The debt in Cook County, Illinois is now $108 billion. California is so broke, illegal immigrants are crossing the border back to Mexico.
How out of control is the debt? During Obama’s reign the national debt hit a number for one day that was higher than the deficit for the entire year 2007.
The debt is now so monumental that if the IRS taxed every citizen in the USA 100% of our earnings, we still couldn’t achieve a balanced budget. But hey, that was the dream of Obama’s father- the Kenyan politician Barack Obama Sr. once said it would be fine if government took 100% of the citizens’ money. Like father, like son.
There are no coincidences. This is a cold, calculated plan to collapse the U.S. economy and weaken capitalism. And it’s working.
Can it get any worse? Check back with me on November 7th.
Wayne Allyn Root is a Capitalist Evangelist and serial entrepreneur. He is a former Libertarian vice presidential nominee. He now serves as Chairman of the Libertarian National Campaign Committee. He is the best-selling author of “The Conscience of a Libertarian: Empowering the Citizen Revolution with God, Guns, Gold & Tax Cuts.” His web site: www.ROOTforAmerica.com