© 2024 Blaze Media LLC. All rights reserved.
Man Begs Passing Motorists for Help as His Wife and 8-Month-Old Daughter Lay Dead in the Street -- But 'No One Stopped to Help

Man Begs Passing Motorists for Help as His Wife and 8-Month-Old Daughter Lay Dead in the Street -- But 'No One Stopped to Help

​Would you stop to help?


Imagine this horrifying scene: You are driving down a frequently-traveled road and you approach the scene of a car accident. There are two bloodied bodies, one an 8-month-old baby girl, strewn along the pavement and a man is frantically trying to get help from passing motorists.

Do you stop to help, or do you just keep on driving?

Tragically, the latter was reality for one man in Jaipur, India. The man's 8-month-old daughter and wife lay dead in the street as he begged passing cars to stop and help him -- but no one did.

The man, identified the as Kanhaiyalal Raigher by India's Prokelara News, had reportedly driven his motorbike into a tunnel before he was hit by a truck. His wife and two children were apparently riding pillion on the bike. The accident claimed the life of the man's wife and his infant daughter.

A visibly shaken Raigher can be seen in released CCTV footage desperately seeking help from someone -- anyone -- that was nearby while also keeping an eye on his son who survived the wreck. Not only did several cars and buses drive past him without offering assistance, the truck that struck his motorbike and fatally injured the man's wife and daughter also sped away.

Watch the absolutely heart-breaking and disturbing video below via NDTV:

The 8-month-old girl could have possibly been saved if she had received medical help sooner, according to reports cited by India's First Post.

As the Huffington Post points out, "There are conflicting reports about how long the victims had to wait for assistance. India's NDTV.com says that a biker stopped after 20 minutes to offer assistance. A video from the same organization says that no assistance was offered for an hour."

Additionally, India's Yahoo! News reports that the family waited 10 minutes before an ambulance arrived after some employees in the maintenance tunnel called the police control room. A police officer also noted that "several sports utility vehicles, cars and trucks passed by them. However, no one stopped to help the victims."

Regardless of how long the family waited for help, the fact remains that, at best, it took 20 minutes for any average citizen to offer help to the victims. At worst, no one offered any help at all before emergency personnel arrived. It's unclear whether passing motorists failed to realize the seriousness of the situation or if they just figured the police and emergency personnel would respond.

In reality, the accident could have been avoided. The crash occurred in the Ghaat Ki Guni tunnel at around 2:30 p.m. local time on Sunday. The tunnel is not supposed to be used by two-wheeled vehicles, however, a police officer told Yahoo! News that "two-wheeler riders flout this restriction to save time."

Want to leave a tip?

We answer to you. Help keep our content free of advertisers and big tech censorship by leaving a tip today.
Want to join the conversation?
Already a subscriber?