Erick Stakelbeck, author of "The Brotherhood: America's Next Great Enemy," declared on TheBlaze TV Friday that "war is coming in the Middle East."
"What I'm about to tell you is literally the direct opposite of what the mainstream media and the Obama administration is telling you every day," he began. "It is a government-media complex that is, in many cases, willfully misleading the American people."
Stakelbeck proceeded to highlight some of the most pressing issues in the region, from Turkey putting its generals in prison to the crisis in Egypt.
Stepping back and analyzing the map, he stated: "Al Qaeda and its allies now cover more geographical ground around the world than they did on 9/11...After twelve years of blood and treasure invested in the war on terror, what do we have to show for it?"
"America: you've been lied to. There's no other way to put it," he said bluntly. "We are on the run right now in the Middle East and North Africa -- disrespected, intimidated, threatened by two-bit jihadist fleabags. As a proud citizen in the greatest country in the history of mankind, that tears me up."
But if war is coming, what will be the catalyst? Stakelbeck identified three possible "triggers":
1) Egypt - "The Muslim Brotherhood and its allies will not go quietly," Stakelbeck said. "There is a real possibility that civil war is coming to the most populous and influential Arab nation. Do the terrorists target the Suez Canal and all that oil that passes through it every day? Do they instigate some kind of skirmish out of the Sinai Peninsula with Israel? How will that affect oil and gas prices, and your pocketbook?"
2) Syria - "Most of the rebels our government wants to arm are affiliated with Al Qaeda...Did we learn nothing from arming Al Qaeda in Libya?" he continued. "Syria has the largest biological and chemical weapons stockpile in the Middle East. Whether the rebels use them or Assad decides to go out in a blaze of glory and aim them at, say, Tel Aviv, we've got war."
3) Iran - "The third and, to my mind, most likely trigger for the coming war -- and it's coming -- is Iran's nuclear weapons program," Stakelbeck concluded. "They want the bomb, and they are very close to getting it. Israel will never allow them to do it...You do the math."
Watch Stakelbeck's complete monologue, below:
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- ‘The Proxy War Is About to Be Discovered’: Beck Explains Why He Fears We Might See World War III
- ‘Everything Is Up for Grabs’: Beck Explains Why World War III Could Be on the Horizon
- ‘They Are Liars’: Beck Says These Then-And-Now Obama Videos Prove It
- Beck Ties Together Benghazi, IRS, & AP Scandals: ‘Fundamental Transformation’
- Beck: Government ‘Dragging’ Us Into a War We ‘Will Not Survive’ in the Middle East