Get BlazeTV
News

Kid Quickly Learns Why It’s Not a Good Idea to Microwave a Glow Stick

Just don't do it.

It's unlikely Jack will be quick to dismiss his father's advice anytime soon.

Footage published to YouTube earlier this month shows a young boy identified as Jack microwave a glow stick in an attempt to make it glow brighter.

He quickly learned why that was a bad idea.

After removing the object from the microwave, Jack shook the stick and it instantly exploded, sending the dangerous chemicals spraying onto his shirt and into his eyes.

Image source: YouTube Image source: YouTube

Image source: YouTube Image source: YouTube

"Godda**it, Jack," his father said as he rushed to help. "Come here. I have no clue what to do with this."

"I said, 'Don't microwave it! Don't screw around! And what did you do? With a beautiful shirt on!'" the dad added.

After a few moments, the dad reads instructions calling for the child to flush his yes out with water.

According to Jack's older brother, who appeared to be the individual that posted the footage to YouTube, his eyes "still work."

"But more importantly the beautiful, awesome shirt is alive and well too!" the brother wrote online. "I still can't believe how popular this is getting! Thanks everyone!"

At the time of publication, the footage had amassed more than 2 million views.

Follow Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) on Twitter

One last thing…
Watch TheBlaze live and on demand on any device, anywhere, anytime.
try premium
Exclusive video
All Videos
Watch BlazeTV on your favorite device, anytime, anywhere.
Subscribe Now
Recommended
Daily News Highlights

Get the news that matters most delivered directly to your inbox.