Crowdfunding website GoFundMe has reportedly removed a campaign that was organized and posted by ex-Marine and "draw Muhammad" protest organizer Jon Ritzheimer.
Ritzheimer, who reportedly launched the $10 million fundraising appeal over the weekend to help protect his family and consider a 2016 run against Republican Sen. John McCain, pitched potential donors by detailing his safety fears following his very public rally outside of a Phoenix, Arizona, mosque.
"Hello to all my fellow Americans. I am starting this campaign to humbly ask for donations. So that I may provide security for my family," he wrote, according to Raw Story. "I don’t fear for myself, but I fear for them and it is truley [sic] sad that any American would have to endure…"
The GoFundMe campaign was no longer available on Monday morning, though an official explanation has not been given by either Ritzheimer nor the crowdfunding website. Ritzheimer did note on his Facebook page that the fundraiser was under review, but not officially taken offline.
A request for comment from GoFundMe has not yet been returned to TheBlaze.
"Due to privacy concerns, I am only able to discuss the details of campaigns with the organizer," the company told Talking Points Memo on Monday, declining to go into specifics.
In a Facebook message posted late on Monday, Ritzheimer expressed his frustration with the media as well as the fallout from his recent protest.
UPDATE Page taken down overnight >> Guy who incited anti-Islam rally wants $10 million to protect family or run against @SenJohnMcCain.— BrahmResnik (@brahmresnik) June 1, 2015
"I've had enough media BS for the day. Hackers have now stolen my identity. Not one news out let will interview me," he wrote. "I just want my life back. I just want me and my family to disappear."
As TheBlaze previously reported, Ritzheimer said last week that extremists were calling for him to be beheaded and that his family needed to go into hiding for protection as a result of his protest.
Read more about the protest here.