Try BlazeTV for Free
FOR RSS

Kellyanne Conway: Trump administration 'fully confident' it will ‘prevail’ in travel-ban lawsuit

Image source: Fox News

Kellyanne Conway, senior adviser to President Donald Trump, said during an interview on Fox News Thursday evening that the administration is “fully confident” it will “prevail” in a lawsuit regarding the president’s travel ban.

Conway’s remarks came after the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a restraining order against Trump’s executive order instituting a temporary travel ban from seven Muslim-majority countries and struck down the White House's request for a stay.

During an interview on "The First 100 Days," Conway said the court's decision is only an "interim ruling" and “does not affect the merits at all.”

"We are fully confident that now that we will get our day in court and have an opportunity to argue this on the merits that we will prevail," Conway said.

Conway declined to comment on the next step the administration will take in the lawsuit, but said the president will confer with his lawyers to evaluate his "options" moving forward.

Citing the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952, Conway argued that Trump has “broad authority” to protect the United States. According to Time, the law granted the president the ability to overrule previously established immigration quotas.

She also argued that the executive order only temporarily impacts seven countries — Iraq, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Libya, Sudan and Somalia — and that Trump has a “duty and responsibility” to protect the United States.

One last thing…
Watch TheBlaze live and on demand on any device, anywhere, anytime.
try premium
Exclusive video
All Videos
Watch BlazeTV on your favorite device, anytime, anywhere.
Try BlazeTV for Free
Sponsored content
Daily News Highlights

Get the news that matters most delivered directly to your inbox.