Kathy Griffin takes back her apology for photo of Donald Trump’s severed head

Kathy Griffin takes back her apology for photo of Donald Trump’s severed head
Celebrity Kathy Griffin has taken back her apology for the photo of bloody severed head resembling President Donald Trump, and just in time for an announcement for a new world tour. (Image source: Kathy Griffin Twitter screenshot)

Celebrity Kath Griffin has reportedly taken back her apology for her May photo of herself holding a fake, bloody severed head that resembled President Donald Trump.

Griffin apologized for the photo, saying she “went too far,” and “was wrong.”

However, Griffin appeared on Australia’s Seven Network show “Sunrise” Monday, where she said she believed the outrage was generated by hardcore Trump supporters who give the impression that their numbers are greater than they actually are.

“I am no longer sorry, the whole outrage was B.S., the whole thing got so blown out of proportion and I lost everybody,” Griffin told the “Sunrise” hosts. “I have been through the mill.”

“Sunrise” co-anchor Samantha Armytage reminded Griffin that notable figures who are critical of Trump also denounced Griffin and her photo and asked Griffin if her photo pushed too far.

“No, you’re full of crap,” Griffin responded. “Stop acting like my little picture is more important than talking about the actual atrocities that the president of the United States is committing.”

Just in time for a new world tour

Griffin’s sorry-not-sorry statement coincided with her announcement that she will be going on a new world tour called the “Laugh Your Head Off” tour. The promotional image features Griffin wearing the same blue outfit she wore in the beheaded Trump photo, only this time she is smiling and palming the globe.

The announcement began Saturday, when a tweet from Griffin’s Twitter account claimed she had been hacked and that she would be “exposed” on Sunday morning.

On Sunday, Griffin released a promo for her new “Laugh Your Head Off” tour.

“Are you ready for me to say some things that are so horrible I can never take them back?” she asks in the video.

Griffin ended the video by stating “nothing is off limits. Not even him,” referring to Trump.

No US dates so far

Interestingly, Griffin hasn’t booked any dates in her new tour for the U.S.

If the responses to her announcement video are to be taken as how well liked Griffin is in the U.S., it’s not a very good sign for her. However, her star may shine brighter overseas where she may be more welcome to crack anti-Trump jokes.

Additionally, according to New York Magazine, Griffin is having a hard enough time finding business management experts or even a publicist who will take her on. After the photoshoot, venues canceled Griffin’s appearances in order to distance themselves from the controversy.

Griffin blamed those cancelations on Trump supporters sending death threats to the venues, she said on “Sunrise.”

Griffin’s overseas tour is likely an attempt to increase the value of her brand, but the comedienne has been bad merchandise since the photoshoot.

Her attitude hasn’t helped her either. CNN’s Anderson Cooper reportedly attempted to reach out to her to offer support but was rejected by Griffin who apparently still held a grudge against the host for denouncing her photo in May.

So Griffin’s list of allies in the U.S. is very short and finding work here may be highly difficult for the comedian. A world tour may help her increase her star-power once again, but she has a very large hill to climb.