President Donald Trump recently received Operation Rescue's 2017 Pro-Life Person of the Year Malachi Award for advancing pro-life causes during his first year as president of the United States.
“Operation Rescue is grateful to Pres. Trump for having the courage to keep promises made during the campaign that provide greater protections for the pre-born and deny Federal funds from those who commit abortions,” Operation Rescue President Troy Newman said in a statement. “He has proven to be the most pro-life president we have had in modern history and has backed up his pro-life rhetoric with action like no other before him.”
The annual Malachi award recognizes persons who work sacrificially to advance pro-life causes and protect unborn children. Operation Rescue, based in Wichita, Kansas, is one of the leading pro-life Christian activist organizations in the nation.
Newman went on to say that the group is "proud of Trump's bold willingness" and recognizes the progress he has made in restoring the "sanctity of life and the protections of personhood to the pre-born” since taking office nearly a year ago.
What were Trump's pro-life accomplishments?
Operation Rescue listed some of Trump's accomplishments:
• In September, Trump appointed pro-life Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.
• Trump's administration has denied public money to those who commit and promote abortions around the world.
• The Department of Justice has launched a formal investigation into Planned Parenthood’s practices and trafficking of aborted fetal body parts.
• He has actively supported pro-life legislation, including the "Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act," which is currently held up in the U.S. Senate.
• He supports legislation to defund Planned Parenthood in the U.S. and removed an Obama-era mandate that forced states to continue funding Planned Parenthood.
• He has worked to fill his administration with pro-life people and put them in places where they can do the most good.
• The Trump administration has taken active steps within the Health and Human Services and other agencies to establish pro-life policies that protect the pre-born.
• Trump has provided protections for those of religious and moral convictions from paying for abortifacient drugs through Obamacare and continues to work to repeal and replace it.