Sean Hannity finally speaks out after his Twitter account was disabled — here’s what he said

Sean Hannity finally speaks out after his Twitter account was disabled — here’s what he said
After his Twitter account was disabled, Sean Hannity speaks out. (Paul Zimmerman/Getty Images)

Fox News host Sean Hannity finally spoke out Saturday evening after his Twitter account was disabled late Friday.

What happened?

Sometime Friday night, after Hannity sent a mysterious tweet referring to a “Form Submission 1649,” social media users noticed the Fox News host’s Twitter account had been disabled. Conspiracy theories quickly circulated on social media, some accusing the “deep state” of disabling the account because Hannity is a close friend and staunch defender of President Donald Trump.

It wasn’t until Saturday afternoon that Twitter offered an explanation as to why Hannity’s Twitter account had gone offline.

“While we normally do not discuss individual accounts, for privacy and security reasons, we have permission from the account owner to confirm that account was briefly compromised,” the company said.

What did Hannity say?

When he returned to his Twitter account Saturday evening, the Fox News host mocked those who tried to “get rid” of him. He also thanked his supporters.

Is this an anomaly?

In recent months, a string of Twitter accounts belonging to prominent conservative journalists and commentators have been compromised, including: Former Fox News hosts Greta Van Susteran and Eric Bolling, reporter Sara Carter and former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke.

According to BuzzFeed, Turkish hackers are behind the series of hacks.

130 Comments