Twitter @ArabChicago Video Screenshot
© 2023 Blaze Media LLC. All rights reserved.
An armed forces carnival that was scheduled for Sunday was canceled by officials in a Chicago suburb after a flash mob of hundreds of teens caused chaos at the event on Saturday.
The Village of Tinley Park in Illinois announced that the final day of the Armed Forces Weekend Carnival scheduled for Sunday had been canceled "due to safety concerns stemming from a flash mob incident at Saturday’s event."
"Police said a group of about 400 teenagers who were responding to a call on social media to form a flash mob gathered at the carnival Saturday evening and began running through the parking lot and fighting with each other in an attempt to cause chaos and disrupt the event," Tinley Park government officials said in a statement.
A police officer was injured attempting to break up a fight and was treated at a local hospital before being released.
Authorities decided to cancel Sunday's festivities after learning that another flash mob was being planned for Sunday's carnival.
Videos from Saturday's armed forces carnival show teens brawling and clashing with cops.
Arab Chicago – "Chicago’s largest network focused on the Arab Community Check" – posted several videos of the mayhem that took place on Saturday's carnival.
(WARNING: Graphic video)
\u201cA teenager trying to fight off two police officers!\u201d— Arab chicago (@Arab chicago) 1684687112
\u201cMore of these, Zero manners! Someone would ask: where are the parents?! \ud83e\udd14\u201d— Arab chicago (@Arab chicago) 1684687112
Officials said most of the teenagers were released back into the custody of their parents. Five citations were issued for fighting.
In April, hundreds of teenagers flooded into the streets of Chicago in another flash mob. There were countless fights and several vehicles were damaged.
Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!
Want to leave a tip?
We answer to you. Help keep our content free of advertisers and big tech censorship by leaving a tip today.
Paul Sacca is a staff writer for Blaze News.