Vice President Kamala Harris claimed on Monday that she knew from an early age that "conservatives are bad."
Speaking about the Biden administration's climate agenda in Colorado, Harris was asked to explain how her life has shaped her work on the climate.
After claiming it started for her "from birth" because she was born in the San Francisco Bay area "and the Bay Area takes great pride in being one of the birthplaces of the environmental movement," Harris said that she learned about "ecology" and "conservation" when she was growing up, allegedly triggering a contradiction within her ideological paradigm that she could not reconcile.
"I'm going to share with you a very simple story, which is that I went home one day, and I said, 'Why are conservatives bad, mommy?' Because I thought we were supposed to conserve things," she said while laughing.
"I couldn't reconcile it. Now I can," she added, still laughing.
Trying to connect her youth to climate action, Harris then talked about participating in the "Save the Bay" movement, where she talked about "water" and "air."
Vice President Harris Participates in a Moderated Conversation on Climatewww.youtube.com
The comments drew a forceful reaction on social media. In particular, people mocked Harris and questioned the truth of her story, while others said Harris does the opposite of promote unity.
- "She can’t reconcile a secure border either, Mommy," the Border Patrol union mocked.
- "I remember saying to my mom 'why do progressives want to take all our freedoms and liberties away? I thought they wanted progress?'" another person mocked.
- "[I]'ll take things that never happened for 100," another person said.
- "I totally get it. My seven year old daughter came up to me this afternoon and said 'Daddy, I don’t understand why Kamala Harris has to continue to make up blatant lies about her life. It reeks of low self-confidence and inadequacy.' Then everyone stood and clapped," another person mocked.
- "That right there is why the left and right will never get along in the near future. We are not different in their eyes, we are 'bad,'" one person pointed out.
- "Half of the country she & Biden are supposed to govern, they actually loathe," another person said.
Enacting a progressive climate agenda is one of the top goals of the Biden administration.
During her remarks, Harris celebrated the administration's accomplishments on that front, chiefly citing the Inflation Reduction Act. The admission was notable because, despite the name of the bill, the law did not reduce inflation, but was mainly about the climate.
Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!