WTF MSM!? is a newsletter that puts a dose of sunlight on the mainstream media and exposes how the media twist facts, selectively report, and outright lie to advance their left-wing agenda. You can sign up for the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
The ads write themselves …
On Wednesday, CNN ran a marathon "climate town hall" where the Democratic candidates for president prostrated themselves before Gaia and professed their support for climate-change orthodoxy with religious zeal. It was a race to see who could outlandishly one-up each other with the most absurd proposals. It was a gift to Trump, and as Legal Insurrection's William Jacobson noted, "a man-made disaster for Democrat presidential candidates."
Here's just some of the insanity proposed by Democrats:
- Biden: 'We can take millions of vehicles off the road if we have high-speed rail'
- Biden: Green New Deal doesn't go far enough with specifics
- Elizabeth Warren says her administration will build no new nuclear plants
- Warren will control US consumption of light bulbs, straws, and cheeseburgers
- Bernie Sanders wants taxpayer-funded abortions in 'poor countries' to fight climate change
- Kamala Harris would ban fracking and wants government incentives for people to eat less meat and to ban plastic straws
- Julián Castro: Addressing environmental racism is a part of climate fight
- O'Rourke: My eight-year-old knows El Paso 'would not sustain human life unless something dramatic changes'
Surprisingly, one of the more sane positions of the night was from Cory Booker, who said that those opposed to nuclear power to solve greenhouse gas emissions "just aren't looking at the facts."
As Breitbart's Joel Pollak noted, the seven hours on CNN were an "in-kind donation" to the Trump campaign, which will use clips in campaign commercials to show voters how crazy these candidates are, in their own words.
How do we know Americans don't care about this issue as much as CNN thinks they do? The town hall got the lowest number of viewers of all cable news stations Wednesday night.
- Website reportedly will disclose Trump-supporting business owners — and offer 'tips' on getting their businesses 'closed down'
- 'The Mandalorian' showrunners say, 'We did things no Star Wars fan has ever seen'
- NYT keeps readers in the dark on Bernie Sanders' population control comments
- WaPo asks politicians, media figures, and artists what the Constitution means to them — Nancy Pelosi, Barbra Streisand, others give answers
- Officials in Maryland 'sanctuary' Montgomery County lash out at conservative media for reporting on string of illegal alien sex crimes
- Maggie Haberman floats baseless theory about Trump getting advance on job numbers
You can sign up to receive the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.