The numbers … This morning, first-quarter gross domestic product growth numbers were released. The Trump recovery continues with a booming 3.2 percent growth rate. The economy continues to explode despite the media trying to downplay it at every turn.
Since the moment President Donald Trump took the oath of office, the media has worked overtime to undersell the booming economy. In July 2018, the Washington Examiner highlighted the media saying that the second-quarter GDP bump was "too big" and not to "buy it." Back then, an MSNBC guest said that people were just stocking up on items because they were "worried about his [Trump's] tariffs."
In October, the media peddled doom and gloom and reacted with glee that the stock market had what in hindsight was a short contraction. Vox wrote an explainer on how it was Trump's fault. CNN even made allusions to the "Great Depression." Of course the market has almost recovered all the early October losses.
Just like in 1984, "It's morning again in America." The economy is booming and it's touching all segments of society. Millions of people are financially better off than they were during the Obama administration.
While the nation rejoices, the media continue to be sad.
Antonia beats YouTube … On Wednesday, Second Amendment activist Antonia Okafor had her YouTube channel demonetized after posting an episode about "teaching young women to defend themselves." Okafor is an outspoken African-American conservative. After an outcry from conservatives, YouTube reinstated her monetization, according to Okafor and Breitbart News.
Okafor isn't buying YouTube's explanation that her channel was demonetized by mistake.
"They claim in the same response that they carefully look at each channel, never make decisions based on politics but after all the uproar claim it was just 'incorrectly removed,'" she said.
This reversal by YouTube shows that conservative pressure on Big Tech is working. These companies will continue to try to silence voices they don't agree with. With two high-profile reversals over the past month – Twitter's manipulation of the "Unplanned" movie's account and now Okafor – maybe, just maybe the tide is turning.
- Biden tells 'The View' he's most proud of Obama administration because there wasn't a 'single whisper of scandal.' Here's a major fact-check
- 'The View's' Joy Behar tells rapper Pitbull he should run for president after he says 'the border crossed Mexico,' not other way around
- Trump calls into Sean Hannity's show for 45-minute conversation, tells Hannity the media 'owe YOU an apology'
- Trevor Noah's 'The Daily Show' ridicules past Joe Biden gaffes
- CNN shreds Biden on failed presidential bids: 'He's never really relevant'
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey personally called Rep. Ilhan Omar after Trump tweeted video of her 9/11 comments and she demanded that he take the tweet down
- ABC News comes up with creative new headline to say Republicans pounced: 'Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Twitter blunder prompts GOP backlash'