As reported on The Blaze yesterday, Federal Agent Jesus Diaz was sentenced to two years in prison for allegedly roughing up a suspected drug runner who was caught with other illegals, bringing 150 pounds of marijuana across the border from Mexico into the US. Nationally syndicated radio host, and frequent Beck fill-in host, Joe Pagliarulo spoke in great detail with Jesus Diaz's wife about the sentence. Some of the highlights:
- Diaz contends that he did no wrong.
- The suspect did not have any visible marks from "rough handcuffing."
- Despite being caught smuggling drugs into the country and admitting that fact in court, the suspect received immunity for his testimony and walked away a free man.
- Agent Diaz has been in solitary confinement for eight months during this trial and his wife claims he has been shackled during the trial.
- A judge denied Agent Diaz bail, his wife Diana gave birth to a baby girl two weeks after her husband's incarceration, he has never held their child.
You can listen to the full interview below:
Diaz was sentenced to 24 months in a federal prison. He will receive credit for the eight month already served, and will be eligible to move to a halfway house in 10 months.
(H/T: Joe Pags)