There's a four-page investigation running in Vanity Fair on the most tired subject of the presidential race: Mitt Romney's money how private he is about it.
What we learn from the lengthy piece: Nothing, really. Except that having offshore accounts and taking advantage of tax loopholes:
- “...kind of looks tacky.”
- "...would raise red flags..."
- "...this stuff is weird."
Other no-calorie phrases from the story:
- "...the Romney campaign insists he saves no tax by using them, but there is no way to check this."
- "...the young Romney...was willing to push into gray areas when it came to business."
- "...we cannot know how he did it."
- "Mysteries also arise when one looks at Romney’s individual retirement account at Bain Capital."
Whole thing here if you have time to waste.