On his 700 Club program yesterday, televangelist Pat Robertson was presented with this viewer letter:
Robertson asked his co-host what she thought, to which she replied, "I think forgiveness can be one of the most difficult things in the whole wide world to do, and especially when it comes to a spouse, because that's one of the ultimate betrayals."
Robertson then interjected, saying, "Here's the secret," looked into the camera, and said (in a slightly exasperated tone), "Stop. Talking. About. The. Cheating. He cheated on you. Well, he's a man, okay."
Among the other tips and thoughts Robertson presented:
- "Recognize, also, like it or not, males have a tendency to wander a little bit, and what you want to do is make a home so wonderful that he doesn't want to wander."
- Focus on why you married him in the first place.
- Does he provide food, shelter, clothing? Is he nice to the children and does he do things with them?
- "Is he handsome?"
- Fall in love with him all over again.
- Touch his face, hold his hand, look into his eyes.
- Don't focus on what makes you mad, just the good stuff.
- Give him honor.
- Keep in mind that there's a lot of pornography out there, to which men are enticed every day.
Robertson ended his monologue by suggesting, "Thank God you have a marriage that is together, that you live in America, and that good things are happening. Okay, next question."
This Q&A starts at the 49:20 mark in the below episode:
Featured image CBN.