Glenn Beck recently interviewed a Coptic Christian family that was forced to flee Egypt because of the religious persecution they faced, and the family said they have a message for America and the country's leadership.
"Please, Obama, don't support the Muslim Brotherhood. Because they are like terrorists. They kill Christians all over the world, not only in Egypt," Mina Shoukry Abdelmaeseh remarked. "This is what I want as a message for him."
Abdelmaeseh said things weren't quite as bad for him in Egypt as they were for his mother, Hanan Ishak, who routinely received violent threats and was spat on because of the cross she wore.
Though, the young man added: "I got in one situation also on ... public transportation...I was wearing a cross over there. A gold one. So when I dropped off from the bus...one of the guys spit over me from the window."
Coptic Christian priest Father Anthony Hanna, who sat with the family, said he believes "people in America really don't understand the concept of persecution ... to be treated like a second class in your own country."
He said Abdelmaeseh's brother, Mark, was told he couldn't play on the national soccer team because he's Christian.
"They told me you should change your religion to play with us on the team, to have a good future," Mark Shoukry Abdelmaeseh explained.
But when asked if he ever considered converting, the young man responded: "No. Surely not."
Father Hanna concluded with a plea to the American embassy in Cairo, saying it's "enough" that they supported the Muslim Brotherhood, but they should not allow more Christians to "get tortured, get killed" by not allowing them to leave.
Beck asked the priest if he believes we are moving closer to "1930's Germany."
"We're getting closer to that, yeah," Hanna responded.
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- Glenn Beck Releases Graphic Video Juxtaposing Media, Obama Administration’s Optimism on Egypt with Horrifying Reality
- ‘They’re Shooting Fireworks at Us!’: American in Egypt Speaks to TheBlaze After Posting Stunning Video of Violence in the Streets
- Reported List of Churches and Christian Institutions Attacked in Egypt Since Wednesday Will Astonish You
- TheBlaze’s Buck Sexton Slams Absolute ‘Counterterrorism Catastrophe’ That You May Not Have Heard About
- What Odd Guest Appears to Have Showed Up at the White House’s July 4th Party for Military Families?