Watch LIVE

Woman Left Repulsed Over Her 7-Year-Old Stepson’s KFC Surprise: ‘He Pulled It Out of His Mouth and When He Did…’


"We're very sorry..."

A mother in Newcastle, England, says she was disgusted after her 7-year-old stepson sunk his teeth into what was supposed to be KFC chicken only to find he’d been served a fried blue paper towel.

Krystal Henderson told the Mirror last week that she ordered takeout from a KFC in Killingsworth for her and her stepson, Oliver. It quickly became clear that something was wrong with their order after Oliver took a bite.

"He pulled it out of his mouth and when he did, it pulled away the batter - you could see the blue roll inside," Henderson said.

Henderson said she felt guilty that she served her stepson the food, even though it wasn’t her fault. She also said she was terrified because she had no idea where the blue paper towel had been.

"If it was bad chicken they might have just had a bad batch or something,” the mother added. “But the blue roll could have been used for anything - it could have bleach or disinfectant on it … Had someone wiped their hands on it, had it been used to wipe the floor?"

KFC eventually apologized to the mother after conducting an investigation into the incident:

We're very sorry for Ms Henderson's experience and apologized to her immediately, as well as giving her a refund at the time of the incident.

We take food quality and hygiene very seriously and unfortunately, on this extremely rare occasion, our restaurant failed to meet the high standards that both we and our customers expect.

We have retrained staff on our stringent food preparation procedures at this store to ensure this doesn't happen again.

(H/T: HuffPost)

Most recent
All Articles