Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo said the city will sue Fox News after the network's coverage "insulted" them.
"When we're insulted, and when we've had an image, then I think we'll have to sue, I think we'll have to go to court, in order to have these words removed," Hidalgo told CNN. "The image of Paris has been prejudiced, and the honor of Paris has been prejudiced."
Asked to clarify which network "you're going to take to court and sue" Hidalgo replied, "Fox News."
A Fox News representative did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Fox apologized on Saturday after a commentator spoke on-air last week about "no-go zones" in Europe where non-Muslims aren't allowed to enter.
"To be clear, there is no formal designation of these zones in either country … and no credible information to support the assertion that there are specific areas in these countries that exclude individuals based solely on their religion," Fox anchor Julie Banderas said. "There are certainly areas of high crime in Europe as there are in the United States and other countries – where police and visitors enter with caution. We deeply regret the errors and apologize to any and all who may have taken offense including the people of France and England."
UPDATE, 5:02 p.m. ET: Statement from Fox News Executive Vice President Michael Clemente:
“We empathize with the citizens of France as they go through a healing process and return to everyday life. However, we find the Mayor’s comments regarding a lawsuit misplaced.”