Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) released a statement saying that he had reached a deal with the Department of Justice to obtain documents and records he had been seeking in his investigation into the controversial "Trump dossier."
Here's Nunes' statement
Statement from Devin Nunes on FBI document standoff: https://t.co/hroOjtpwtM— Byron York (@Byron York) 1515036176.0
"After speaking to Deputy Attorney General [Rod] Rosenstein this evening, I believe the House Intelligence Committee has reached an agreement with the Department of Justice that will provide the committee with access to all the documents and witnesses we have requested," the statement read.
"The committee looks forward to receiving access to the documents over the coming days," the statement concluded.
Nunes had been seeking the documents and accusing the Department of Justice of stonewalling him on the investigation into President Donald Trump's accusations of wiretapping of Trump Towers by the previous administration.
“Unfortunately, DOJ/FBI’s intransigence with respect to the August 24 subpoenas is part of a broader pattern of behavior that can no longer be tolerated,” Nunes said prior to Wednesday's deal.
“As I said in a public statement several weeks ago, when the reason for SSA Strzok’s removal from the Special Counsel investigation was leaked to the Washington Post before that reason was provided to this Committee, at this point it seems the DOJ and FBI need to be investigating themselves," he concluded.
The announcement came after Rosenstein was seen leaving the office of House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), fueling speculation that they were discussing some of the many investigations into Russian collusion and interference in the 2016 presidential election.