Former CIA Director John Brennan is threatening to take legal action against President Donald Trump for revoking his security clearance last week.
What did he say?
Despite no longer holding an official government position, therefore no longer needing access to classified intelligence, Brennan said Sunday that Trump is wrong for revoking his security clearance and threatening to take similar action against other former top government officials.
Blasting Trump's actions as an "egregious abuse of power and authority," Brennan said on "Meet the Press" he is strongly considering legal action against the president.
"If my clearances and my reputation — as I'm being pulled through the mud right now — if that's the price I have to pay to prevent Donald Trump from doing this to other people, to me, that's a small price to pay," Brennan said.
"I am going to do whatever I can personally to try to prevent these abuses in the future and if it means going to court, I will do that," he explained.
Indeed, Brennan told host Chuck Todd he has "been contacted by a number of lawyers" who shared "their thoughts about the basis for a complaint, an injunction to try and prevent him from doing this in the future."
Brennan did not provide specifics as to when he might bring litigation against Trump or under what conditions.
WATCH: Former CIA Director @JohnBrennan says, 'I have been contacted by a number of lawyers.' #MTP #IfItsSunday https://t.co/BnnpG33kgU— Meet the Press (@Meet the Press)1534687918.0
Despite outrage over revoking Brennan's clearance, the White House has said Trump is considering revoking clearances from a number of additional individuals, including former FBI Director James Comey, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, among others.