© 2023 Blaze Media LLC. All rights reserved.
Multiple incendiary devices left outside Oregon police department by unknown attacker
Image source: KMTR-TV video screenshot

Multiple incendiary devices left outside Oregon police department by unknown attacker

A few weeks earlier, police from the same department were attacked by an armed radical

Police officers in Eugene, Oregon, reported that they had found and contained multiple incendiary devices that had been placed at their station. While those behind the devices have not yet been determined, the police department was confident that the threat was very real.

Here's what we know

The devices were found outside police headquarters Monday afternoon by maintenance workers, KMTR-TV reported. These workers reported their discovery to staff, and the department's bomb unit quickly went into action and removed the threat.

"I don't know what kind of damage they could have done," Lt. David Natt told reporters. "This is not a hoax device. These are very serious matters."

He added that police were still investigating who might be behind the devices and that they did not have any suspects yet.

"Our hope is we get some physical evidence off it, and that physical evidence leads us to potentially somebody involved in the production and/or deployment of these devices," Natt said.

While more than one device was discovered, police have declined to say just how many there were at this point.

"We kind of hang on to some of the details for the purposes of bettering the investigation," Natt explained. "When we are in a position to release more details about style, type, make, model, that kind of stuff as it pertains to what was found, we're more than willing to do that. But we want to give our investigators the best start we can to get to the bottom of what this is all about."

What else?

On Jan. 11, this same police department was involved in an armed confrontation with an anti-government radical at a middle school. Police were called to settle a child custody dispute between the man and his ex-wife. When they arrived, he pulled a 9 mm handgun on the school resource officer, firing two shots. Another officer then shot and killed him.

Investigators later revealed that an internet user believed to be the man killed by police had posted "[t]ime to start killing pigs" on a Facebook article about another another man who had been killed by police, just two days before the incident at the middle school. Investigators found a similar Facebook comment calling for "[d]eath to all pigs" from the same account only an hour before the incident.

Want to leave a tip?

We answer to you. Help keep our content free of advertisers and big tech censorship by leaving a tip today.
Want to join the conversation?
Already a subscriber?