Please verify

Blaze Media
Watch LIVE

Jay Leno suffered 'serious burns from a gasoline fire' but is 'ok'


'Just need a week or two to get back on my feet'

Rodin Eckenroth/Getty Images

Comedian and car aficionado Jay Leno suffered burns caused by a gasoline fire, but says that he is "ok."

"I got some serious burns from a gasoline fire. I am ok. Just need a week or two to get back on my feet," Leno said in a statement, according to reports.

"Jay wants everyone to know that he is in stable condition and receiving treatment at the Grossman Burn Center for burns that he received to his face and hands from a gasoline accident in his garage over the weekend," spokesperson for Grossman Burn Center at West Hills Hospital Aimee Bennett said in a statement. Leno "is in good humor," the statement noted.

In a video, a man, who said he has worked with Leno for 15 years, said that the incident involved "a steam car" and that gas had "sprayed" on Leno. The man, who said his name is George, said that he was not present when the incident occurred. Access Hollywood said the man is George Swift, an employee and friend of Leno's.

Jay Leno's Employee Gives Update On Jay Leno’s Burnswww.youtube.com

Leno, who formerly hosted the "Tonight Show," is a car enthusiast who hosts "Jay Leno's Garage."

"From classic cars to supercars and everything in between, Jay is hitting the road to discover the most exciting, weird and wonderful vehicles ever made and meet the passionate people behind their wheels," a show description states. "Whether he's exploring the story of an iconic brand, road-testing the newest supercar or investigating the latest automotive innovations, there is no wheel Jay won't get behind to tell the story of our love affair with the car."

Leno also hosts a gameshow called "You Bet Your Life."

Most recent
All Articles