NARAL Pro-Choice America on Sunday tweeted a Happy Father's Day message "to all the pro-choice dads out there," noting that such men "support equality and value bodily autonomy — and that makes them great role models!"
Indeed the irony of such a message — championing the taking of human life as well as a day celebrating men who take part in the creation and sustenance of life — didn't go unnoticed among some Twitter commenters:
- "Self-awareness level: FAIL."
- "If I had done what my abusive 'pro-choice' former partner had wanted, my amazing pro-life husband wouldn't have 2 wonderful children to be celebrating Father's Day with today, because my oldest would be dead & I definitely wouldn't have gone on to have my son."
- "They are truly foul."
- "If irony were iron, you just ate a sledgehammer."
- "Great role models for the next genera... oh wait."
- "Might be more appropriate to wish folks a happy Anti-Father's Day. #MenForChoice are willing for children to be killed to avoid becoming a father. Nothing fatherly about that. And killing innocent people makes a guy lots of things but a good role model is not one."
NARAL also posted a "Men for Choice Father's Day Letter" signed by male politicians — including U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy (D-Fla.) — that asked dads to vote against President Donald Trump next fall, calling him a "bully" who "said that a woman who exercises her constitutional right to control her own life should be punished."
The letter added, "We need a president who will fight for reproductive freedom so our entire families can get ahead."
The Daily Caller said NARAL didn't respond to a request for comment.