Liberals continued their outrage about Roe v. Wade on Thursday when they railed against Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine for refusing to vote with Democrats to codify abortion rights.
Collins was asked by CNN's Manu Raju if she would join Democrats on the vote, and she said she would not because it would infringe on conscience rights of Catholic churches.
"That right has been enshrined in law for a long time," said Collins.
Many on the left disagreed and took to social media to assail Collins for her decision.
"Susan Collins wants you to know she supports abortion as long as she doesn't need to do anything to actually support abortion," responded Democratic strategist Max Burns.
"Susan Collins can go f*** herself," read one angry tweet with more than 10k likes.
"I heard the Capitol Police had to assist Susan Collins today because her uterus was desperately trying to get the f*** away from her," read another angry tweet.
"When Madeline Albright said ‘there is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women’ - she was talking about Susan Collins," said another critic.
"Susan Collins is a despicable spineless shell of a former human hollowed out with a fascist slingblade and stuffed with the putrid malignant cells of dead racist nazi misogynistic concerned moralistic f***burgers drinking the runoff of nuclear waste cocktails," read another tweet with 800 likes.
Officials of the Biden administration are panicking about their inability to stop the Supreme Court from reversing the Roe v. Wade decision according to a report from the Washington Post Thursday.
In response to the passions arising because of the leaked decisions, officials have elected to set up a security fence around the Supreme Court building in Washington, D.C.
Here's more about the Roe v. Wade debate:
Security fencing erected at U.S. Supreme Court ahead of final Roe v. Wade abortion decision www.youtube.com
- Democrat tries to dunk on pro-life advocates with new bill. But he ... ›
- Democrats' plan to codify abortion through legislation is dead on ... ›
- Twitter reactions to The View host Joy Behar threatening sex strike ... ›
- Liberal editor downright bullies comedian Jamie Kennedy for ... ›
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg blamed for potential overturn of Roe v. Wade ... ›
- Numerous Democrats call for an end to the filibuster to codify Roe v ... ›
- Biden says abortion should be codified into federal law. But he once ... ›
- Breaking: A leaked draft decision indicates that the Supreme Court ... ›