WTF MSM!? is a newsletter that puts a dose of sunlight on the mainstream media and exposes how the media twist facts, selectively report, and outright lie to advance their left-wing agenda. You can sign up for the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.
Former Clinton White House press secretary and current CNN paid contributor Joe Lockhart completely fabricated a story about overhearing GOP senators lamenting impeachment evidence from Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) Wednesday. Once again, someone with CNN has been caught making something up out of thin air.
The Daily Caller reported on Lockhart's tweet describing an "overheard convo between two Republican Senators who only watch Fox News." Lockhart continued with a fictional quote from the completely fabricated conversation, "'is this stuff real? I haven't heard any of this before. I thought it was all about a server. If half the stuff Schiff is saying is true, we're up shit's creek. Hope the White House has exculpatory evidence.'"
That tweet has received 10,000 retweets as of early Thursday afternoon. Lockhart fessed up less than 10 minutes later, tweeting, "Ok maybe I made up the convo, but you know that's exactly what they're thinking."
That tweet has received 1,200 retweets as of Thursday afternoon.
This is a textbook example of people associated with the media making things up out of thin air. This goes beyond fake news; it's fabricated news of the type former CBS anchor Dan Rather was fired for after the 2004 presidential election.
Which brings us to Rather fanboy and CNN media critic/cheerleader Brian Stelter. For a person so concerned about fake news that he's leading an HBO documentary on it, Stelter has been quiet about his colleague's fabrication.
Nothing people associated with CNN do is surprising any more.
- 'You're telling me what I am': Sunny Hostin spars with Joy Behar over being 'pro-life'
- Terry Jones is dead at 77: Monty Python stars pay tribute to comedy great
- 'American Crime Story: Impeachment': Billy Eichner to play Matt Drudge
- CNN only fact-checks Republicans on first day of Senate impeachment trial
- NBC's Capitol Hill correspondent praises Pelosi and her pick for impeachment manager
- 'Exposing the falsehoods': Historian lays out key details he says taint NYT 1619 project
- Biden campaign issues warning to the media: Fall in line and debunk corruption claims
You can sign up to receive the WTF MSM!? newsletter here.