On Monday's radio program, Glenn Beck and Pat Gray discussed the radical new $16 trillion climate change plan proposed by Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (Vt.) on Thursday.
Sanders' version of the Green New Deal issues an urgent call to "defeat the existential threat of climate change" by nationalizing America's heath care industry and most of the energy sector, adding up to a federal government takeover of at least one-third of the U.S. economy.
"Yes, my dear comrades, we have almost reached the fundamental transformation of the United States," Glenn said. "The climate crisis is the final icing on the cake. Yes, American standards have changed. American morals have changed. Their values have changed. They now prefer security over freedom. They now want free stuff from the state. Oh, comrades, it's been a long tiresome road. We thought this was all in our past back in 1990."
Sander's plan, described as "a ten-year, nationwide mobilization centered on equity and our humanity during which climate change will be factored into virtually every area of policy," outlines the following goals:
- To reach 100 percent renewal energy for electricity and transportation by no later than 2030.
- To end unemployment by 2030 by creating 20 million union jobs with good pay, strong benefits and safety standards, in the steel and auto manufacturing, construction, energy efficiency retrofitting, coding, server farms, renewal power plants [and] sustainable agriculture.
- Directly invest n historic $16.3 trillion public investment toward these efforts.
- To provide fossil fuel workers five years of unemployment insurance, a wage guarantee, housing assistance, job training, health care, pension support, priority job placement for any displaced worker or early retirement support for those who choose it or can no longer work.
- To seek justice for "frontline communities."
- To commit to reducing emissions throughout the world
- To invest in ecologically regenerative and sustainable agriculture.
- To expand the "climate justice movement."
- To own and manage our sustainable energy systems through the Federal Power Marketing Administrations.
- To build a modern smart grid.
- To phase out the use of non- sustainable sources.
- To declare a climate emergency.
Watch the full episode here.
Use code GLENN to save $10 on a year of BlazeTV.
Want more from Glenn Beck?
To enjoy more of Glenn's masterful storytelling, thought-provoking analysis and uncanny ability to make sense of the chaos, subscribe to BlazeTV — the largest multi-platform network of voices who love America, defend the Constitution and live the American dream.