Throughout many of the nation’s public schools, left-wing teachers are misusing their classrooms and their influence to train students how to think and behave like progressive political activists.
That’s the premise of a new book entitled, “Indoctrination: How ‘Useful Idiots’ Are Using Our Schools to Subvert American Exceptionalism.” The book is available through Amazon.com.
“I would really like you to read this book,” Glenn Beck said of “Indoctrination” recently on GBTV.
“Indoctrination” author Kyle Olson exposes how leftist teachers misuse precious class time to sell students on their political agenda: union organizing, radical environmentalism, pledging allegiance to the Earth, creating “global citizens” and spreading 1960s-style cultural Marxism to new generations.
Olson, the founder of Education Action Group, felt compelled to write “Indoctrination” after discovering a series of widely used lesson plans written by and for activist teachers. Olson examines 35 of these lesson plans, and explains how each is used to train students in the ways of left-wing progressivism – beginning as early as preschool.
Purchase it from Amazon.com.
“Indoctrination” tells the story of:
- A preschool teacher who tells her students about the recent union protests in Madison, Wisconsin, and uses the words strike, collective bargaining and negotiateas part of a vocabulary lesson.
- The Maryland Board of Education that requires every graduate to “make decisions” demonstrating they are “environmentally literate.”
- The thousands of schools that show students “The Story of Stuff” – a video created by a Green Peace activist that urges the end of America’s “current” economic model, while making the case for socialism.
- Lesson plans published by the United Nations that teach students to find “the means for constructing a more sensible and just world community,” as well as introducing “the law of the sea” concept – whereby the U.N. regulates the oceans and national sovereignty goes out the window.
- Social justice activists who use math lessons to push propaganda about war spending, incarceration rates and AIDS spending.
“Indoctrination” not only exposes what is being taught, but who is writing and promoting this agenda. “Indoctrination” makes the case that student achievement is abysmal in many of the nation’s public schools, and time should not be wasted on politics. In some school districts, students are literally graduating without the ability to read – but they leave school knowing all about the supposed evils of free enterprise and U.S. corporations.
The book also provides a series of action steps and ideas that parents, taxpayers and elected officials can use to stem this growing problem in our schools.
In the foreword, best-selling author and Fox News analyst Dick Morris writes: "For defenders of freedom, Kyle Olson’s book is a vital necessity to read and absorb. It sets a challenge before us all: To change public education so that it is truly American in its values."
If you have children or grandchildren in government schools, you need to read this book! Order it now from Amazon.com.