Cutting-edge technology is dramatically changing the way we live - for better or for worse. From medical marvels to automated manufacturing to revolutionary retailing, our society is experiencing a technological transformation that is sky-rocketing faster than we could have ever imagined.
"We're going to see more technological change in the next ten to twenty years than we've seen in the past one hundred, and some of these changes are going to be fantastic. The advancement in medicine alone is going to be revolutionary, almost Utopian. It will completely change healthcare," said Glenn on the show today. Here are just a few of the ways technology is revolutionizing just about every aspect of our lives.
Advancements in medicine including:
- 3D bioprinters that can create human human tissue and will ultimately be able to print entire organs and more.
- Nanotechnology or nanomedicine such as biosensors, diagnostic devices, tissue engineering and others.
- Bionic implants and Exoskeletons
Innovations that will increase production and cut costs, usually at the expense of manufacturing, transportation, retail, and other industry jobs. For example:
- Touch screen and mobile app technology in food service, grocery stores, retail, banking and more.
- On-line retail giants like Amazon and Alibaba that are eliminating the need for brick and mortar stores.
- Driverless vehicles for transportation, delivery and shipping.
Innovations in automation, such as "the iron roughneck", a robot that enables an oil rig crew of five workes to do the work that used to take 20.
"But what's important is the time frame. How long did this take?" said Glenn. "Economic instability for the oil companies forced them to take a leap that probably they wouldn't have taken a another decade. This was accomplished in under two years."
Watch the clip at the top of the page to get Glenn’s take on how technology is revolutionizing the way we live, now and in the not-so-faroff future.
Not a subscriber? Sign up for a FREE trial here.