Could what we’re seeing in the UK with baby Alfie Evans become our reality here in America? Democrats are pushing hard for single-payer healthcare and they consider The National Health Service (NHS) in the UK to be the ultimate gold standard.
But let's take a look at what's happening under the NHS system's compassionate care. Alder Hey Hospital is not only denying 23-month-old Alfie Evans medical care, they won’t even let his parent’s take him home to die. Now they're saying they might release Alfie, if his parents have a “sea change in attitude.” Wait, their son is dying and the state is making sure he gets no medical care, and they're supposed to have a good attitude?
It turns out, Alder Hey Hospital has a long history of treating their patients like little more than cattle:
- In 1998 a heart specialist at Alder Hey accidentally revealed during an inquiry that the hospital was storing - in bulk - children’s organs. With no consent from the parents, Alder Hey Hospital was harvesting the organs from dead babies.
- They were also caught selling human tissue to pharmaceutical companies in exchange for cash donations, but what they didn’t sell, they stockpiled.
- Alder Hey had 2,080 children’s hearts, over 800 other organs, and 400 full fetuses.
- A pathologist at Alder Hey was even accused of keeping the head of a baby stored in a jar.
- NONE of this was done with parent consent. When this story came out in 2001, distraught parents begged for their babies organs to be turned over to them. Many of them held second funerals. One woman had to bury her baby’s heart, lungs and esophagus.
This is what you get when the government controls the healthcare system. How long does it take for the state to see it’s people, not as human beings, but as resources? Ans this is what progressives want for the U.S.
"Get ready," said Glenn on the show today. "Because the debate for single payer healthcare is coming, it's coming in the next 24 months. And when that debate begins, you better believe they won’t mention the story of Alder Hey Hospital or Alfie Evans. We’re going to have to do it for them."
Watch the clip above to hear more from Glenn.