It can be said that progressivism at its core seeks to turn the world upside down.
It is an ideology and a tactic of modern-day Sophists who seek to replace facts with narrative, justice with injustice, morality with immorality and virtue with vice -- but it does so with a smile on its face.
Consequently, in order to identify whether one is in fact living in a progressive Utopia, one merely needs to identify instances in one's society, economy and political system, themselves a natural outgrowth of the culture (itself an outgrowth of the ideas that a people has imbibed), in which facts, logic and history have been shoved aside in favor of the whims of the wise collective.
Here are 20 signs that you might be living in such a blissful place:
1) When the executive branch has effectively become the legislative branch
President Obama has been pushing executive actions as a means of working around Congress in 2014. (Image Source: heartland.org)
2) When the notions of secure borders and national sovereignty are considered thinly-veiled euphemisms forracial hatred
3) When justice means determining a person is guilty before seeing any evidence, then rioting, looting and destroying property when said person does not even make it to trial
In this June 19, 2013, photo, Tea Party activists attend a rally on the grounds of the Capitol in Washington, Wednesday, June 19, 2013. (Image Source: AP)
5) When criminals advise law enforcement on how to do its job
6) When those who see every issue through the prism of race, sex and class are considered paragons of tolerance, and those who see people as individuals are racist, sexist bigots
8) When instead of targeting the jihadists responsible for committing the murders of thousands of innocents, the government targets the counter-jihadists
11) When Christianity and Judaism can be unmercifully attacked, yet Islam and sharia law may not even be critically examined
12) When the people overwhelmingly despise and distrust its leaders, yet continually votes to cede more and more of its rights to said leaders
13) When a person commits a crime or act of violence, and the first question asked is what society did to make that person commit the act of crime or violence
14) When wealth redistribution is considered moral, and wealth creation is considered immoral
15) When protecting, and thereby creating favored groups of people by law is considered equality
15a) When the government groups individuals by race, class, sex and religion, in and of itself
16) When you cannot discern where government ends and the media begins
Republican aide Elizabeth Lauten was fired over comments she made about President Obama's daughters, while the mainstream media has largely ignored stories about Jonathan Gruber, a Democratic staffer recently laid off after pleading guilty to sexual assault charges, and stories of a large Obama bundler accused of child rape. (Image Source: New York Daily News/Facebook)
17) When facts and logic are considered secondary to narrative, lest they be considered at all
18) When the people believe that Western civilization is inherently evil, and its enemies inherently good and worthy of coddling
19) When the people believe that government, not the Creator, grants them rights
19a) When the people believe that entitlements are rights in and of themselves
20) When breaking the Ten Commandments is considered the rule, and following them the exception
TheBlaze contributor channel supports an open discourse on a range of views. The opinions expressed in this channel are solely those of each individual author.