Gotham City may have lost a crime fighter, Batman is running for a City Council seat in Tulsa, OK.
Alright, it's not THAT Batman. We're referring to Mike Batman. Mr. Batman is an immigrant from Syria who loves his adopted country so much that he's running for office. After moving to America in 1983, Batman worked in various fast food joints before finally opening up his own car lot. (Of course it is called Batman's Auto - where every car is a batmobile... no?)
Batman has made it through the primary process as a Democrat and will be facing off against a Republican for the coveted District 9 City Council seat in the general election on November 8th.
If you want to know more about the candidate, all you need to do is visit his website and learn about "Batman's Pillars For Success" - the first five are featured here:
- Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 75% of your happiness or misery.
- Work at something you enjoy and that is worth of your time and talent.
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
- Be forgiving of yourself and others.
Batman appears to be genuine and has a history of putting his money where his mouth is. Last year the local news reported that Batman donated a month's worth of profits from his gasoline sales to the Salvation Army.
H/T to Jalopnik