What was supposed to be an enjoyable family outing at a McDonald's restaurant turned into an absolute nightmare for the parents of the 14-month-old baby girl.
The parents, identified as Tevita and Glory, were getting seated at the fast food restaurant when their daughter suddenly began choking on a french fry. The 14-month-old apparently stopped breathing, causing the parents to rush the child to the counter in the front of the McDonald's in Sydney, Australia to seek help from employees, the Daily Mail reports.
A number of staff members quickly surround the choking baby girl and attempt to assist the terrified parents by rubbing and patting her back, trying to dislodge the fry from her throat. Her mother can be seen crying hysterically while she watches strangers attempt to save her daughter's life.
Restaurant Manager James Hatcher told Channel 9's "A Current Affair" that the mother was screaming: "Save my baby, she's choking, she’s not breathing!" By the time he had begun trying to save the child, she was already turning blue, he added.
McDonald's employees were reportedly receiving instructions over the phone from emergency personnel.
One of the customer's, Naomi Donovan, also stepped in to try to save the girl's life. She recounted her experience.
"At the time I grabbed her she was limp, really limp, going blue she wasn't breathing," Donovan said. "She's in my hands, I'm staring at her parents screaming and crying."
After three minutes, which had to feel like an eternity to the child's parents, the young girl finally starts to breath again.
Doctors said the 14-month-old girl had suffered from a seizure, which caused her to choke. She was kept in a hospital overnight for observation but was able to return home the next day.
The McDonald's employees were honored with an award for their heroic actions. The incident occurred last month.
Watch the unbelievable video below: