Some freaky-deaky stuff, that's what.
The Washington Post has compiled a list of the Top 10 weirdest parts of the fiscal cliff deal:
1. A $9 billion “sop for Wall Street banks and major multinationals”
2. A rum tax for Puerto Rico
3. Cheaper office space for Goldman Sachs
4. Help NASCAR build racetracks
5. Treat coal from Indian lands as an “alternative energy source”
6. Promote electric scooters
7. Repair (private) railroad lines
8. Subsidize Hollywood films
9. Crack down on tax cheats… in prison
10. Provide incentives for public transit commuters
Personally, I'd add this to the list as an honorable mention:
Sec. 307 and Sec. 316 offer tax incentives for miners to buy safety equipment and train their employees on mine safety. Taxpayers shouldn’t have to bribe mining companies to not kill their workers.