Glenn Beck is inviting anyone and everyone to come pick up trash with him at the U.S. Capitol on Saturday.
Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), FreedomWorks, and the Tea Party Patriots are all scheduled to be at the "Help Fix Up D.C." day of service as well.
"I'm going to be on the Capitol lawn at 10:00 a.m.," Beck said on his radio show Friday, encouraging people to come with their families and bring rakes, garbage bags and anything else they might need for a day of service. "They are letting the garbage spill out everywhere and they are not doing anything and it's a disgrace."
Beck said he was inspired by Chris Cox of South Carolina, who has taken it upon himself to be the "memorial militia" amid the partial government shutdown. For days, Cox has been mowing the lawn, taking out the trash and keeping the place from falling into a state of disrepair.
"No signs," Beck requested of those who plan to join. "This is not a political rally, this is a workday. And we're in jeans and, you know, work clothes, and grab your garbage bags and let's go. And we'll just help this guy keep the Mall clean."
"While others want to tear things down, and others want to paint us as people that are [angry mobs], bring your kids and just have a day of service," Beck said. "Let's make sure it's not an eyesore."
Beck said he doesn't anticipate any issues with U.S. Park Police because the Tea Party Patriots have a permit to be there.
"They're going to set up a little impromptu stage and just talk, but really we just want to go serve," Beck said. "It's not a big rally for anything, just come with your families and let's clean the Mall. Let's serve. Be peaceful, be loving, and we're not expecting any trouble at all."
The full episode of The Glenn Beck Program, along with many other live streaming shows and thousands of hours of on-demand content, is available on just about any digital device. Get it all with a FREE TRIAL.
Other Must-Read Stories:
- The ‘One Man Militia’ Keeping D.C. Clean During the ‘Government Shutdown’ Explains His Cause on TheBlaze TV
- Here’s How the Owner of a Private Inn Barricaded by Park Rangers Amid ‘Government Shutdown’ Is Responding
- Meet the Man Running Against Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in Kentucky
- ‘Dictatorship 101′: Beck’s Chilling Break-Down of What Parent Arrested After Questioning Common Core Means for America
- Mitch McConnell’s Office Sends Out Photo of New ‘Obamacare’ Regulations Printed and Stacked Unbelievably High