Gary Yourofsky, a self-proclaimed "vegan animal liberation activist," has made quite a name for himself in the last decade for his radical views.
Most infamously he proclaimed this in a 2006 interview: “Every woman ensconced in fur should endure a rape so vicious that it scars them forever. While every man entrenched in fur should suffer an anal raping so horrific that they become disemboweled.”
To that end Yourofsky is classified as an "international terrorist" and has been banned by Canada and Britain.
But these days he seems to have toned down the violent rhetoric and is a fixture on the college lecture circuit, which brings us to a talk he gave at Eastern Michigan University earlier this week.
TheBlaze listened to Yourofsky's Sociology 101 lecture via Campus Reform in which he accuses meat-eating students of "carnivorous bestiality" and characterizes circuses as "slave ships." Most interestingly Yourofsky, a Jew, also charges the meat and dairy industries of causing "the world’s largest and longest-running holocaust.”
Here's some more of what he declared:
- “Is bestiality weird to you? Doing sexual things with animals? Because I used to think everybody thought so, but not even close, my meat, cheese, and [inaudible] egg-loving friends, because you engage in carnivorous bestiality on a daily basis."
- “You pay somebody else to sexually molest a cow and squeeze their nipples for you? Okay, you guys are f**king obsessed with hen a**es and cow t**s."
- “Once a year, every cow on every dairy farm is raped to impregnate her, a long steel device shoved in her vagina."
- “One day after seeing animals backstage at a circus, chained up and caged up, I not only realized that I was witnessing a slave ship, I realized I was a hypocrite, a bigot, a species-ist. Like a racist who believes that their race is more important and more special than all the other races, a species-ist believes that humans are more special and more important than all the animals, and therefore have the right to commodify, enslave, and kill any species they choose.”
- “Imagine yourself confined in a concentration camp truck, on your way to a slaughterhouse, so someone could slice your throat and cut you up into pieces; you would understand why the psychotic addictions of meat, cheese, milk and eggs must be abolished."
The professor who arranged Yourofsky to speak reportedly may lose his sociology class over the invitation, according to the student who recorded the speech, as noted in an email the student sent to Campus Reform.
“He said to the class today that this may be the last time he is there,” the student's email notes. “I do not know what that means but he indicated that he got emails from EMU's President, provost, the department head and a few others in regards to his choice of speaker."
EMU spokesman Geoff Larcom told Campus Reform that Yourofsky gave the lecture in two other classes and that only one student complained, adding that EMU is investigating the complaint.
(H/T: Campus Reform)