Story by the Associated Press, curated by Oliver Darcy.
WASHINGTON (AP) — A Republican senator isn't backing down from blocking President Barack Obama's nominees for Federal Reserve chairman and homeland security secretary in a long-running dispute over the deadly attack on a U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya.
South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham says nothing has changed even after CBS News admitted on Friday that it was wrong to trust a "60 Minutes" source who claimed to be at the scene of the Benghazi assault.
FILE - In this Oct. 16, 2013, file photo, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., speaks with reporters on Capitol Hill in Washington. Graham threatened Monday, Oct. 28, to hold up all nominations for federal government positions until survivors of last year's deadly attack on the diplomatic post in Libya appear before Congress. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster, File)
A day after that CBS report, Graham announced he would stall the nominees until the administration allowed attack survivors to talk to lawmakers.
Graham tells CNN's "State of the Union" that he hopes there's a way to arrange interview with five State Department employees so he can let the nominations move forward.
Graham says he wants to "perform oversight" and that he's not "trying to prosecute a crime."
Watch Sen. Graham's comments on Benghazi (around 7:40 mark):
Follow Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) on Twitter