Actor Kevin Bacon was to be the first guest on "The Tonight Show" Friday, but something seemed amiss when host Jimmy Fallon declared there was no dancing allowed on the set.
Amid plenty of booing, Bacon was then introduced...but didn't breach the stage curtain. No, he was in his dressing room, incredulous at the decree that disallowed "everybody" to "cut."
From there, Bacon celebrated the 30th anniversary of his iconic "Footloose" role as only he can, reprising the moves of troubled teen Ren McCormack who only wanted to teach an old-fashioned town a thing or three about tripping the light fantastic.
Bacon's top five "Footloose" reprise moments:
1. He actually said "Jump back!" in disgust, popped a cassette (remember those?) into a wall player, took a cigarette drag and beer swig, then got all adolescent angsty on us:
2. He appears to have not lost a smidgen of athleticism (okay, it was a double), doing a floor exercise high-leg kick cartwheel...
3. As well as some major flippage from the horizontal bar:
4. Then he got (what appeared to be) the show's staff involved:
5. And the elder statesman (who still has the moves) finished up in front of the audience, complete with circa 1984 falling glitter:
Check out the hilarious clip below: