Watch LIVE

Do your own homework: 'For the Record' research for ‘Armed and Unaccountable’


Dwight Eisenhower's farewell address from January 17, 1961.

The soundbite about the system being set up to lie to itself came from an October 29, 2013 House Armed Services Committee hearing.

The soundbite on the Army resisting the calls for software came from an April 18, 2013 Senate Armed Services Committee hearing. The section on DCGS-A begins around 1:35:15.

The soundbite on gaps in capability came from an April 25, 2013 House Armed Services Committee hearing. It is listed as "The Fiscal Year 2014 National Defense Authorization Budget Request from the Department of the Army."

The video of DCGS-A comes from the Army's YouTube channel dedicated to that program.

Rep. Duncan Hunter represents California's 50th congressional district.

Tom Schatz is the president of Citizens Against Government Waste.

David Inserra is a research associate at the Heritage Foundation.

The DCGS Board document shown in the episode: DCGS Flow Chart

The "Boondoggle Goes Boom" article shown in the episode.

Palantir Technologies' official website. The video of their products shown in the episode all comes from the Palantir YouTube channel.

The emails shown in the episode: Feb 25 2012 Email and Jan 06 2012 Emails

The comment "I love Palantir - great program" is from page 27 of this report from the Army Test and Evaluation Command.

Sara Carter is the senior Washington correspondent for TheBlaze. She is on Twitter at @SaraCarterDC

The March 2010 Government Accountability Office report "Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance."

The July 2010 report from Maj. Gen. Michael Flynn shown in the episode: Advanced Analytical Capability Joint Urgent Operational Need Statement

The letter from Col. Peter Newell to Rep. Norman Dicks about the Army developing the DCGS-A Cloud: Col Peter Newell letter

The original report from the Army's Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) on Palantir and DCGS-A from April 25, 2012. The statistic showing 96% support for Palantir is on page 27. Note that the other 4% were "undecided." No respondents disagreed with the statement "Palantir is effective in supporting my mission."

The replacement report from ATEC, released on May 25, 2012.

The House Oversight Committee letter to Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta.

The memo ordering the destruction of the original ATEC report from April 2012: Palantir Memo Rescinded

The full text of the questions the For The Record submitted to the Army along with their responses.

The redacted text from emails about Lt. Gen. Legere and the Palantir program: Emails redacted

Rep. Duncan Hunter's October 2013 letter to the Secretary of the Army: Hunter DCGS Letter

The IT experts testified before Congress in an October 29, 2013 House Armed Services Committee hearing.

Most recent
All Articles