×

Please verify

Watch LIVE

Report: Suspect in Benghazi Attack Has Been Found Dead

News
This file photo taken on September 11, 2012, shows a vehicle and the surrounding area engulfed in flames after it was set on fire inside the U.S. mission compound in Benghazi. A long-awaited inquiry into a deadly militant attack on the US mission in the Libyan city of Benghazi late on December 18, 2012 slammed State Department security arrangements there as "grossly inadequate." But the months-long probe also found there had been "no immediate, specific" intelligence of a threat against the mission, which was overrun on September 11 by dozens of heavily armed militants who killed four Americans. (Image source: STR/AFP/Getty Images)

An individual suspected of playing a role in the 2012 Benghazi attacks has been found dead, a Libyan source and locals in the town of Marj told CNN.

Faraj al-Shibli was last seen two days ago being detained by a local militia, a source told CNN.

It was not immediately clear what happened to him or what caused his death.

His body was found Monday, locals also confirmed to CNN.

Follow Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) on Twitter

Most recent
All Articles