An Argentinian plumber has reportedly been convinced of God's existence after being electrocuted and impaled by a water pipe — a horrific incident that nearly killed him.
Juan Ramon Monzon, 26, told the U.K.'s Daily Star that he was installing a new plumbing system in Obera, Argentina, when a simple error left him with serious burns and a horrific injury.
"I was working from the top of the tower installing the plumbing system, which meant putting a huge water tank into place, but I got too close to a provisional connection for the mains electricity coming into the building," he told the outlet.
He was leaning over the electric supply and was burned before being thrown into the air and falling on top of a pipe, which reportedly pierced and went through a portion of his lower torso.
While Monzon currently cannot work as he recovers and while he has no medical insurance, a hospital did end up treating him after his family put pressure on doctors there; he was reportedly released after just one day.
Following the event, Monzon said that he is certain there's a God.
"I believe in God – who couldn't believe in God after experiencing what I have and still be alive?" he told the Daily Star.
(H/T: Christian Today)
Front page image via Shutterstock.com