A customer at a popular Indianapolis bar was quick to complain about the establishment's service after a "junkie" died of an "overdose" on New Year's Eve, but there's just one problem with her complaint — the "junkie" was actually an elderly woman who suffered a heart attack.
In a lengthy complaint posted to Kilroy's Facebook page — which has since been removed — customer Holly Jones slammed the bar's service as well as the clearly shaken up waitstaff and vowed never to go back to the restaurant again. As seen in screenshots of the post posted by WXIN-TV, Jones said a "manager also told us someone dying was more important then us being there making us feel like our business didn't matter, but I guess allowing a junkie in the building to overdose on your property is more important then paying customers who are spending a lot of money."
Kilroy's manager, Chris Burton, saw the irate customer's complaint, and while he expressed his relief that she would not be patronizing the establishment any longer, he did take the time to set the record straight — and his response is going viral.
Hi Holly, thanks for reaching out! We love feedback, whether it be positive or negative. I especially like feedback like this so others can see the disgusting people that we have to deal with sometimes.
First of all, the 'overdosing junkie' that you speak of was a 70+ year old woman who had a heart attack. Thankfully she was finally revived at the hospital and survived. It sounds like you were very concerned about her so I thought you should know. This poor lady, who was celebrating New Year’s Eve with her husband and son, had to be placed on the floor of a completely packed bar and have her shirt removed in front of everyone so the paramedics could work on her.
But I can completely understand why you think being intoxicated assholes that didn’t understand your bill should take priority over a human life. I especially appreciate you making your server (who doesn’t curse) cry as well. I’m sure she really enjoyed working on New Year’s Eve just to deal with people such as yourself. I personally had to leave a show to take a phone call from an emotional manager telling me someone died at Kilroy’s and that other employees were not doing so well dealing with this. (At the time they didn’t know that she was going to make it.) So I understand how inconvenient this was to your night.
But honestly, I’m glad to hear you won’t be coming back to Kilroy’s because we wouldn’t want anyone as cold hearted and nasty as you returning. I appreciate anyone who chooses to spend their money at Kilroy’s until they act like you. You can take your money anywhere else after that, and I won’t lose a second of sleep over it. Happy New Year!
According to another post on Kilroy's Facebook page, Jones has since deactivated her Facebook page or changed the privacy settings. The restaurant discouraged anyone from contacting someone with the same name on social media as there are several women with that name in the Indianapolis area.
The restaurant also announced that the woman who'd suffered the heart attack — whose family wished that she remained at least somewhat anonymous — is recovering but has a long way to go. The restaurant promoted a Go Fund Me page set up to help the family with medical expenses.
"We fully believe in the power of prayer and know she will come back to us. She is a fighter and will fight to the end," the fundraising page states.
As of time of publication, the family had raised more than $2,000.