A New Hampshire mom was horrified last week after allegedly discovering a grimy razor blade in her daughter’s soda when the two were dining at a Wendy’s restaurant in the town of Keene.
Following the disturbing find, Aubrey Simonds voiced her outrage in a Facebook post that included pictures. The soda was clear, revealing the filthy object sitting at the bottom of the cup.
"I am beside myself, sick to my stomach," the post began. "Shaky, disgusted and so THANKFUL my child didn't get hurt from this ..."
Simonds’ post received hundreds of shares and and dozens of comments from people who shared the mother’s sentiments.
“Are you kidding me??? This is awful!” one commenter wrote.
“SHUT EM DOWN!!” wrote another.
A common question people had was how did the razor blade get there in the first place?
According to Grub Street, Keene’s health department launched an investigation following incident. What they discovered wasn’t exactly comforting.
Authorities concluded that the blade likely belonged to a cleaning worker who used it to clear scraps off the stove hoods in the kitchen and failed to dispose of it properly.
That was the first mistake. The second mistake came when an employee found the razor in the trash the next day and placed it in the paper cup, presumably until it could be thrown away safely.
But to Simonds’ misfortune, that never happened.
It is believed that the worker serving her accidentally grabbed the cup and put soda in it, somehow never seeing the grease-stained blade sitting at the bottom.
The mother shared that her daughter took a few sips of “whatever this nastiness is” but is doing fine.