President Donald Trump criticized the media Wednesday during an interview with ABC News for ignoring the March for Life, which marks the anniversary of the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion nationwide.
During the interview, Trump’s first television interview since being sworn in as president, ABC’s David Muir asked Trump if he could hear the crowds during the Women’s March on Washington on Saturday from the White House.
“No, I couldn't hear them,” Trump said. “The crowds were large, but you're going to have a large crowd on Friday, too, which is mostly pro-life people. You’re going to have a lot of people coming on Friday.”
“And I will say this, and I didn't realize this, but I was told you will have a very large crowd of people — I don’t know as large or larger, some people said it will be larger — pro-life people, and they say the press doesn't cover them,” Trump added
“I don't want to compare crowd sizes again,” Muir interjected.
“No, you shouldn't," Trump replied, "but let me just tell you, what they do say is that the press doesn't cover them.”
— Brent Baker (@BrentHBaker) January 26, 2017
Muir asked Trump what he would say to those who protested his presidency, and the president replied that he “absolutely” has a “responsibility to everybody, including people that didn't vote for Donald Trump.”
TheBlaze previously reported that a study by the conservative Media Research Center found that the three major broadcast news networks — ABC, CBS and NBC — covered the Women’s March 129 times more than they did last year’s March for Life.
The Women’s March made headlines for revoking the partnerships of several pro-life organizations.
The annual March for Life will take place on Friday.